JANEL L. WRIGHT - Recipient of the Benjamin Walters Distinguished Service Award
Congratulations to Janel L. Wright, winner of the 2017 Benjamin Walters Distinguished Service Award at the Bar Convention in Juneau in May. Janel was nominated because she exemplifies the values of caring and service to the legal community that Ben embraced. Ben was always willing to give many hours to the community in the legal arena as well as simply giving of his time and effort to the community needing pro bono legal advice. Ben always gave selflessly of himself to help others.
Janel is a Hearing Officer at the Alaska Workers’ Compensation Board. Her pubic service awards consist of:
· Volunteer for the American Diabetes Association, Alaska President
· Chair of the National Advocacy Committee for the American Diabetes Association
· Member of the Legal Advocacy Sub-Committee for the American Diabetes Association
· Member of the Board of Directors for Alaska Special Olympics, 1999-2004
· Former member Training Committee National Assoc. of Protection and Advocacy Systems
· 2008 Carolyn Peter Volunteerism Award
· Dorothy Truran Advocacy Award
· Justin Dart Freedom Award
· The American Diabetes Association You Make A Difference Award
· Former member of the Board of Directors for the Alaska Center for Blind and Deaf Adults
· Alaska's Top Forty Under Forty Award for work helping those with disabilities
Past recipients include: Judge Elaine Andrews, Allen Bailey, Russ Winner, Lars Johnson, Ryan Fortson, Rhonda Fhelen-Westover, Ken Eggers, Lynn Allingham, David Mannheimer, Krista Stearns, Grant Callow, Janet McCabe, Ben Walters, Sig Murphy, James Wanamaker, Cynthia Fellows, Diane Vallentine, Mike White, Bob Owens, Daniel Moore, Blythe Marston and Ken Jacobus.
Thank you -- St. Patty's Day Party, 3/17/17
Thank you everyone who helped make our St. Patty's Day Party a success: Committee members, Kinley's, PAC, bartenders and the vendors who donated all those wonderful door prizes: Alaska Fit, Anchorage Yoga & Cycle, Anchorage Youth Court, bFit & Well, The Coast International Inn, Deb's Hair Studio, Historic Anchorage Hotel, King St. Brewery, Moose A'LaMode, and Sandwich Deck.
2017 Membership Dues form have been mailed
The Anchorage Bar's 2017 Membership dues form has been mailed to you! The sooner you renew, the sooner you can enjoy all the benefits the Anchorage Bar and LifeBalance have to offer!
Anchorage Bar 2017 Membership Dues FormIt's time to renew your membership for the 2017 year. By now you should have received your 2017 Membership Dues Form. We have combined the different types of memberships into one form for ease and convenience.
If you practice within the Anchorage area, you are a voting member and the dues is $65.00. If you practice in Alaska but live outside the Anchorage area or in another state, you are an associate member and dues are $50.00. If you are a newly admitted lawyer and 2017 is your first year of practice, your membership is free! You will need to renew to keep your name and areas of practice listed in the directory.
The sooner you send in your dues form and payment, the sooner you can enjoy your LifeBalance benefits! If you have a question as to completing the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 907-250-4291. You will be able to renew either by mail, fax or submit on-line.
We appreciate you supporting your local Bar Association!